I will be moving to Wordpress.com on October 1! My new URL will be exploringbystarlight.wordpress.com.

Life of a Blogger: Pet Peeves

Life of a Blogger is a weekly meme hosted by Jessi from Novel Heartbeat, where we talk about what we do when we're not reading. Click HERE for more info!

This week's topic:
Pet Peeves


Oh boy, do I have my pet peeves. I'm one of those people who's just naturally annoyed by everything, and I hate it. I'm annoyed by people, I'm annoyed by little habits, I'm annoyed by the way things are organised, I'm even annoyed by myself. There are things that I do myself that annoy me! I really should become a hippy or something because my irritability may get progressively worse. So, ready for my pet peeves? I know I am...


  • Open-mouthed chewing
  • Constant pen clicking
  • Interrupting
  • People who are generally snobby about everything
  • People who think that everyone is doing something wrong just because they're doing it differently to they do it
  • "How can you not like [INSERT THING I REALLY DON'T LIKE]????"
  • Being judged for how I eat
  • The fact that my blog template won't let me reply to comments without completely screwing up
  • "Just go and ask them, they won't bite!"
  • People who don't know that opinions exist
  • People who think that it's okay to lump people into general groups in order to give them 'a taste of their own medicine'
  • When friends talk badly about each other and think that it's okay (it's not. it's really not.)
  • Drivers who don't indicate
  • Strangers who tell me to smile
  • People who jokingly tell other people that they like them or think they're attractive as a joke
  • The way people trail off when reading something aloud
  • Parents who bring kids under ten to films rated over PG
  • "I'm not sexist/racist but..."
  • Socks with holes in them
  • Shoes that refuse to be broken in
  • People with bad table manners
  • People who didn't learn how to drink out of a cup properly (i hate it when they make they horrendous sucking noise)
  • Double negatives
  • "So it's basically your own fault."
  • Getting egg shells in the whites
  • When people don't give things back after borrowing them
  • Picking up my book instead of just asking me what I'm reading
  • Asking me what I'm listening to, when I have earphones in my ears
  • Censorship after the nine p.m. watershed (looking at you MTV)
  • People who say that they've "found out who their true friends are" (guess what, you've just lost a lot of friends)
  • One sided conversations/arguments
  • Screaming children in public
  • Clothes that are my size but still don't fit
  • Shopping for jeans
  • Foot itches
  • Itchy legs when I'm wearing jeans
  • Itches in general (i'm covered in scratches)
  • "That's so gay"
  • People not tucking chairs in (thanks for the twisted ankle, asshole)
  • Not being told that people I know are getting together
  • When people worship people that they don't know are actually scumbags (*cough*gene roddeberry*cough*)
  • "You're not allowed to have a say in this" (even when they're agreeing with them!)
  • That one person who tries to guess what's going to happen next in a film (keep it to yourself!)
  • Going to a buffet and there's very little food that I like
  • People who think that they know a lot about something when they just read about it briefly online
  • People who talk during films (this is why i don't go to the cinema on a saturday afternoon anymore)
  • People who leave trolleys standing in the middle of the aisle
  • Scratches on discs
  • Cellophane wrapping on CDs (DVDs are easier to open than CDS)
  • Pee on toilet seats
  • Public displays of affection
  • Used gum under tables (bonus points if it's still wet)
  • People who ask if they can have some of my food (even worse if they don't say please)
  • Being called 'darling' by people I don't know
  • People who are always negative (i have a lot of pet peeves, but nothing is ever that bad)
  • People who think that Kindles and other e-readers are evil (grow up, they're not going to replace books)
  • Men who call their wives "the wife" or "our lass"
  • When waiters take cutlery away at a buffet when I was nowhere near finished
  • Spam comments
  • People who make comfortable silences awkward by saying "this is awkward"
  • Spitting in public
  • People who won't let other people enjoy the things that they like
  • Car/house alarms that won't turn off
  • Finding a battery only to find out that it's dead
  • People who press the keys on a computer keyboard one at a time with an unnecessary amount of force
  • Crushed ice
(Whoa. Calm down, Weeze)

Okay, got that out of my system! Things aren't that bad though, I try not to let pet peeves (or even pet hates) get to me too much. Although I'm definitely considering being a hippie. That would be fun!

What are some of your pet peeves? Leave me a link to your post and I'll pop by!

4 comments :

  1. I seriously thought I was the only one who found so many of these things annoying. I absolutely hate when people tell me to smile. How about no? Awesome post! Oh, and I absolutely loathe the sound of people chewing it hurts...it really hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I agree with so many of these!

    Both of my ex-boyfriends ate with their mouths open. It INFURIATED me. When I mentioned it to one of them once he took it really offensively, even though it's good manners to eat with your mouth closed. GRRR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just feel bad to make every thing outstanding.
    Find My Pet

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is one of the most amazing story which you have published here. love to read such kind of stuff. dog food recipes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read every single one I receive and make sure to return as many as possible ❤️ If you want me to participate in a tag feel free to tag me (no awards, though, please)!