Armchair BEA: Expanding Blogging Horizons

Wednesday 28 May 2014


Expanding Blogging Horizons


In terms of expanding my blogging horizons, I haven't really done much. I've actually completely overhauled my blog twice now, and I'm glad that I did it because now I'm definitely sure of myself as a blogger. However, I still think that I have quite a ways to go though, since I'm just starting to interact with other bloggers more. For a while I had this silly idea that people would just come to my posts, and that just doesn't happen. To me, expanding my horizons means for me to be a better blogger and I am determined to do so!

While I haven't expanded my horizons much, I really would like to and here are a couple of things I have in mind:
  • Get a new blog design - I made this one myself and while I do like it, I would like a more professionally made one. Plus, this template doesn't let me enable threaded comments. I promise that I'm not ignoring your comments!
  • Attend a real-life book event with other bloggers - I would love to meet some bloggers in person and an event such as a convention or even a signing would be the perfect opportunity to do that!
  • Produce more original content - right now, I'm kind of limited to reviews and memes (even though I only take part in two), and I don't think that makes me stand out. So my plan is to make more original posts that I don't use a template for or just write sporadically (I used to do a Book vs Film feature whenever I had a lot to say about something, but I've stopped it for now because I ran out of things to do with it. Oops).
  • Generally be a part of the book blogging community more! - I haven't been all to social during my time blogging, and it's time that I stopped that. I've taken part in events in the past that have led me to find new blogs, and so has Armchair BEA. So far I've loved reading posts from all you lovely people and have enjoyed commenting on posts! I definitely hope to keep this up because, to tell you a secret, I am a terrible commenter. Before, I just didn't do it at all which was silly of me.

Maybe in the future I'll gain the confidence to branch out even more and try my hand at vlogging or even creating my own BookTube channel! That would be a huge step for me because I'm so incredibly camera shy (I don't even like having my photograph taken >.<).

How about you? What does expanding your blogging horizons mean for you?

3 comments

  1. I love you book versus film idea. There is so much to write about on that topic with each book. You could even expand it upon book vis movie vs game vs graphic novel if you wanted to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only people would just come and comment on your blog! Unfortunately, it does take more effort and it's good you realize that and that you work on it now :D I think your design is cute, but I also understand you want to take it more professional.

    Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Threaded comments was the whole reason I left Blogger and learned WordPress. So I totally understand you there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read every single one I receive and make sure to return as many as possible ❤️ If you want me to participate in a tag feel free to tag me (no awards, though, please)!

© Exploring by Starlight. Design by FCD.