Follow Friday (13)


Q: What is the BIGGEST word you’ve seen used in a book lately – that made you stop and look it up? Might as well leave the definition and book too.

Most of the big words that I've came across in a book were in Dracula, but the most recent one was phosphorescent, which I came across in The Bloody Chamber by Angela Carter. It means to radiate light without burning. I think.

Happy Friday!
author image

Louise

Louise is an English student who is currently hiding in a fort made out of DC books. When she's not doing responsible things, reading, or blogging, she can be found watching movies or TV, playing video games, slowly going deaf from listening to really loud music, or making bad jokes on Twitter. She loves Muppets, shoes, and plushies and is always on the lookout for the next best polish in the perfect shade of blue. She hopes to be a Gothic/vampire author in the future and bring her own brand of vampire to life (no, they don't sparkle).

5 comments :

  1. I like the word phosphorescent...and it's cool to see marine animals on a nature channel that radiate light. Weird and wonderful :)
    Katja @ YA's the Word
    Old follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annette Mills28/9/12 2:57 pm

    Good word! I'm a new follower. Lovely blog... My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Dracula! Ah, you have won my soul (: Love your blog, especially the name!
    New follower (:



    Charming
    Chelsey's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna/BLHmistress29/9/12 6:40 am

    wow, I wouldn't know what that word is either


    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Iona MacNeil30/9/12 3:45 am

    That is quite the word.
    New follower
    http://adventitiousreading.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete