10 Books I Hope Santa Brings 🎅🏻

Tuesday 19 December 2017

Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Next Monday is Christmas Day, and even though I'm an adult now (lol) I still get ridiculously excited about it. Last year I ate an entire can of Pringles and I'm still incredibly proud of myself for that. I have a right to be. At Christmastime, instead of giving my parents a list of all the things I want, they give me a crapload of money (a lot by my standards) and I go out and get the things for them. However, nearly every single time I forget to buy a load of books. This year I want to change that because there are so many books I want my parents Santa to put in my stocking for Christmas.

I've been exceptionally good this year so I think I deserve them. winkwink.

(image source)


The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater - I've made a sort of goal to finish The Raven Cycle by the end of the year and since I'm already reading Blue Lily, Lily Blue I'm just about ready to actually achieve that goal. I'll never have enough Gansey in my life. And I know that nearly everyone likes Ronan, but Gansey will always be my favourite.

Warcross by Marie Lu - This was one of my most anticipating books of this year but I never managed to get a copy of it because I've been horrendously broke for most of the year. I do have money now, but that doesn't mean I can't get it as a gift.

Dragon Ball vol. 6-11 by Akira Toriyama - Okay, technically this counts as six books, but I'm putting them down as one because this is my list and I'm the boss of it. I first started watching the Dragon Ball Z anime when I was around three or four years old, but I didn't watch the original Dragon Ball because it hadn't been dubbed at the time. I didn't actually start reading the manga until a few years ago and I still haven't gotten very far into it. Especially since Dragon Ball is the first third of the whole story. This is a very long series and it's going to take a lot of time and money for me to read it all. But I'm determined to get there. Eventually.

Sailor Moon vol. 1 by Naoko Takeuchi - Sailor Moon was the other first anime I'd ever seen and was basically my whole life as a child. Mainly because I watched DBZ with my brother, so Sailor Moon was my thing. Well, mine and my best friend's thing. I haven't read any of the manga at all because it's slipped my mind so many times. And that's a little shameful considering that this was my thing when I was little.

This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab - I feel like the only person in the whole world who hasn't read a single book by Victoria Schwab and I'm planning to change that. It'll be next year because I have my TBR for the rest of the month already planned out, but I'll still get to it. I could have picked any Schwab book, but I'm going with This Savage Song because her other books are adult fantasy, and adult fantasy books are intimidating to me and look like they'll beat me up.


Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco - I've seen Hunting Prince Dracula around the blogosphere a lot this year, but I still haven't read the first book in the series. I think we all know how much I love Gothic books, so of course I have to have this.

Roseblood by A.G. Howard - I haven't read any of A.G. Howard's books (I've had Splintered so years but still haven't read it yet) or even The Phantom of the Opera but I do like the sound of Roseblood. I'll probably read Phantom first so I know the original, but I do still really want Roseblood.

Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff - I'm usually put off by giant books, but I've seen so many people love this book that I'm curious. Plus, it's YA sci-fi so that makes me doubly curious. Yes.

The Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo - It's Leigh Bardugo. Do have to say any more?

Ashes to Ashes by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian - I feel like I've been reading the Burn for Burn series for an eternity, even though it's only a trilogy. These books aren't the greatest contemporaries I've ever read, but shit's starting to go down now so I really want to finish it.

What do you hope to get for Christmas? Or if you don't celebrate Christmas, what books are on your wishlist?
© Exploring by Starlight. Design by FCD.