10 Books That I'd Buy in a Heartbeat If I Could Afford Them

Tuesday 2 August 2016

Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

As a recently graduated student without a job, I am horrendously broke. Even when I was an undergrad without a job, I was still horrendously broke. Basically, I hardly ever have any money because life is expensive. This is probably why I have so many unread books on my shelves: because I can't afford to buy any more (and no, i can barely even afford to take the bus to the library, because the closest one to me closed down, so now i have to take the bus into town *shakes fist at government for closing my library that was a two minute walk from my house*).  Whenever I get the chance (i.e. birthdays, Christmas, my parents being incredibly generous), I get any books that I can, and I pretty much want all of the books so making up a list like this was pretty difficult, so I've prioritised it by books that I've wanted to quite some time now.


The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe by Edgar Allan Poe - I haven't read any of Poe's work, unless watching a Simpsons adaptation of The Raven counts, so I think I'm way overdue to read his work.

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll - Alice in Wonderland was one of my favourite Disney movies when I was little, and I did enjoy the Tim Burton movie so, again, I'm way overdue to read the book. Also, the Penguin cloth-bound edition is just too gorgeous to not have.

Cress by Marissa Meyer - So far, I've only read Cinder and I have Scarlet waiting for me on my shelves, so it's only natural that I'd need to have the next book in the series. Obviously, I'll be needing Winter, too, even though the size of it makes me sweat nervously.

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon boxset by Naoko Takeuchi - I've been a Sailor Moon fan since I was little, so it's horrendously shocking that I still haven't read the manga! My reasons for this are: 1) I couldn't find any of the volumes in any bookshops near me 2) I kept forgetting that I need to read it >.< 3) One comic shop that is "near" me sells all of the volumes in one boxset, but I can't afford it :/ But, I'll hopefully get it one day! As long as they still have the boxset in stock, that is...

This Is Not a Test by Courtney Summers - I'm not a fan of zombies, but I have been wanting to read this book for quite a long time after it got rave reviews, so on the list it goes.

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stievater - Pretty much everybody says to read this series, and while it wasn't something that I was interested in at first, but since everybody raves about it, and I give in to bookish peer pressure quite easily, I've definitely added this to my list of books that I need to get my mits on ASAP.

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas - Even though there was recently a bit of ~drama~ surrounding the number of books in this series, I do still want to read it. Once I've finally gotten around to reading Throne of Glass, that is.

Lost Souls by Poppy Z. Brite - Vampires. Duh.

Sever by Lauren DeStefano - This book came out years ago now, but that doesn't mean that I can't still be excited to read it. As I'd said above, I'm not so much in the loop about what books are coming out (actually, i never have been) so I'm perfectly content to get excited about discovering older books that I haven't read yet.

Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice - More vampires. Double duh.

What books do you desperately need to have on your shelves?
© Exploring by Starlight. Design by FCD.