Tag: 20 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Me

Saturday 18 October 2014

It's not too late to hop on this wagon, right?

If you haven't seen this tag around the blogosphere at least once then you must have been living under a rock or something. I technically wasn't tagged, but Mel from The Daily Prophecy and Sydney from Utterly Bookish tagged anybody who wanted to do it, and I wanted to do this, so therefore by that logic, I was tagged!

1. How tall are you?
I'm not entirely sure, but I think I'm about 5'4".

2. Do you have a hidden talent, and if so, what?
I'm able to beat Rugrats: Search for Reptar on the PS1 in about an hour or so without stopping for breaks or dying. Because I'm just that great. I can also beat Tarzan in about two hours, but that's just a little harder. I'm also pretty decent at making gifs, but that's not really a hidden talent,

3. What is your biggest blog-related pet peeve?
I'm really particular about layouts and designs. If I literally can't read your blog because the colours hurt my eyes (either too dark or too light), I'm probably never going to come back.



4. What is your biggest non-blog-related pet peeve?
Haha, we really don't want to go down into that territory. Everything and anything has a tendency to get on my nerves. I'm basically this guy every day:



5. What is your favourite song?
My taste in music is very eclectic; I listen to a bit of everything and I tend to cycle through my favourites. Right now, I'm loving System of a Down and I bought their first two albums recently (I'm also slowly developing a weird crush on Serj Tankian because why not). A few of their songs that I'm constantly repeating are:
- Chop Suey! (because duh)
- Bounce (POGOPOGOPOGOPOGOPOGOPOGOPOGO!!!)
- Shimmy
- Toxicity
- ATWA
- Sugar
- DDevil (that little gigglesnort in the middle gets me every time)
- Psycho

6. What's your favourite Etsy shop?
I've only shopped on Etsy once, so I don't really have a favourite.

7. What's your favourite way to spend time when you're alone?
Obviously reading (I haven't had much time to read lately though), but I also watch films, and I watch an obscene amount of TV. I even watch TV while writing blog posts, even if it's just a source of background noise. I also play video games, mostly really old ones and I'm still working my way through Pokémon X.

8. What's your favourite junk food?
Pom Bears. If they're good enough for kids, then they're good enough for me. This summer I bought a huge pack of them from a service station in Germany just for me and I really didn't regret it. Then when I got home, I was really sad because we don't get huge bags like that here. Or maybe I haven't looked hard enough for them.

9. Do you have a pet or pets?
I have an eight-month old puppy called Max, and up until July, I had a cat called Lucy, but she died after being really ill :( My dad won't let me have another cat, even after he said that he wouldn't say no.

10. What are your favourite fiction and non-fiction books?
I have a few favourite fiction books, so I definitely couldn't choose just one. As for non-fiction, I don't really read non-fiction. I have a few books that are basically databases on fictional characters (eg. and episode guide for The Simpsons, and a book on the publication history of Superman), but I don't pick them up very often.

11. What's your favourite beauty product?
I'm not the biggest user of beauty products, but my shampoo is pretty awesome. I use Tresemme Salon Silk shampoo and conditioner, which does absolute wonders for my hair.

12. When were you last embarrassed and what happened?
I get embarrassed pretty much every single day, so it's hard to pinpoint one single thing that I did that embarrassed me.

13. If you could only drink one beverage (besides water) for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Definitely Coke. If it weren't so bad for my teeth, I'd drink Coke every single day.

14. What's your favourite movie?
I have a list of my favourite movies, but my absolute ultimate favourite is The Godfather. IT'S SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

15. What were you in high school: prom queen, nerd, cheerleader, jock, valedictorian, band geek, loner, artist prep etc?
Yuck, cliques. I had my phases during my early teens (I had a horrendously failed goth phase before I went through the infamous emo kid phase), but from 14 onwards, I was just me.

16. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
Either Chicago, Paris, or Berlin. I love big cities much more than smaller towns, and I definitely don't like the countryside. It's pretty, but I don't like remote places.

17. PC or Mac?
If I could afford it, I'd own a Mac. But I can't afford a Mac, so I'm a PC girl.

18. Last romantic gesture from a crush/date/boyfriend/girlfriend?
I made myself dinner last night. I didn't eat all of it (made too much), but it was good.

19. Favourite celeb?
Henry Cavill, Christian Bale, Tom Hiddleston, Scarlett Johansson, Bjork, Madonna, Beck, Cillian Murphy, Anton Yelchin, and too many others to list.

20. Which blogger do you secretly want to be friends with?
If you're reading this, I want to be your friend!

3 comments

  1. I have accepted the fact that everyone is taller than I am -- I'm only 5'2"! Shorty...

    And yep, totally with you about blog designs. I know I shouldn't judge a blog by how it looks, but I just can't help it. If I get onto your blog and see a bright and messy and generally hideous design, I'll close the tab straight away. I can only hope others don't find my blog design horrible! (That would be some serious karma for all the blogs I ignored, lol.) ><

    I'm reading on and Louise, I think our relationship has BFF potential.

    You and I are just so similar it's creepy. Short fuse? Check. Constantly embarrassed? Always. Coke? Better than water (well, most of the time). Chicago? Dream city. Henry Cavill, Christian Bale, Tom Hiddleston, Scarlett Johansson and Anton Yelchin? Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes. I also have a soft spot for Chris Evans and Sebastian Stan and Robert Downey Jr. (My favorite celebs list is mostly comprised of the MCU cast, honestly.)

    Look! So creepy. O_O

    As for movies: I'll have to check out The Godfather! I don't really know what it's about, but a few of my friends have watched it and they seemed to love it too. And I'm sorry to hear about Lucy. :( I have a cat too (plus two dogs), and even though my little kitty's still pretty young, both my dogs are kind of old and probably only have a few years ahead of them... But that's enough depressing talk. Great getting to know you better, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we should totally be BFFs! And it is a little bit creepy how alike we are, or maybe we're just awesome haha.

      Ah, I totally forgot about Chris Evans, he's so adorable that it hurts sometimes. And you REALLY need to watch The Godfather! It's a bit long, but it's so worth it.

      Delete
  2. This is one of my favorite tags at the moment :D Yeay, I'm happy you decided to do it!

    I think making a decent GIF is a talent. I have no idea how to make one, so great job. I'm going to listen to all the songs you've listed! I like finding new music. I like to multitask with a TV show/movie on the background too. I read and watch them at the same time. I don't like silence and this way, I get two of my favorite hobbies done in one :D TOM HIDDLESTON. Yes. There is something about that guy! You're my friend. Great to get to know more about you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read every single one I receive and make sure to return as many as possible ❤️ If you want me to participate in a tag feel free to tag me (no awards, though, please)!

© Exploring by Starlight. Design by FCD.