Fairy Metal Thunder Read-Along: Week One

Friday 6 July 2012

Week 1 hosted by Missie of The Unread Reader

1. At the beginning of the story, the Assorted Zebras are just a garage band, but they are expecting to make it big. Who knows, you just might find yourself at one of their concerts someday. Until then, show me your favorite concert t-shirt. It could be a picture of a concert you actually attended or a pic of a vintage tee of your favorite band. Be sure to tell me the story behind the tee.



This is actually the only concert shirt that I own. I'm not really a regular concert goer and the merch is usually far too expensive for me. This is a shirt that I got at a U2 concert at Wembley Stadium. The concert tickets were my birthday present that year and the four hour drive to London was completely worth it. However, I think that I may have come into contact with the swine flu at the concert because the next day I was trudging around the markets in Camden like a zombie. Not fun. When we got home, I was quarantined inside the house for a week and the doctors had to make a house call, which they don't do anymore. The concert was amazing though!


2. Jason’s mom forces him to agree to do some yard work for Mrs. Dullahan, which wouldn’t be so bad if she wasn't rumored to be a witch. Tell me about the worst chore you were ever forced to do. Who made you do it? Bonus points if you have a picture to share of you doing the dirty work.



Yes, I went there, I took a picture of our toilet. When I was younger, I was in the Brownies and every year we would go on a holiday that they called "Pack Holiday" and everyone had a chore to do on the last day. Mine and another girl's chore was the clean the bathroom. That included the toilets. That had been used by over twenty women and girls over the entire weekend. I never want to look into a toilet ever again...


3. Uh oh! There seems to be a jewelry thief in the neighborhood. Have you have had anything stolen from you? Or have you ever lost something precious? Did you ever find it? Make a Reward if Found poster for the stolen or lost item. Convince us to find it for you. Make the reward good!

Click to enlarge
Yeah, my reward isn't that good. Oh well. Also, I used the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant's number (you know, the one from The Simpsons).


4. In Faerie, Jason declares himself as Jason the Guy Who Wants That Necklace Back. Weird, but then again every name has a meaning. What does your name mean? What is the origin? Do you go by any kind of nicknames? How did you get that nickname? 

My name means "famous warrior" and is of French and German origin. I have quite a few nicknames, most of them really silly. Here are a few examples:
  • Lou
  • Lula-bell
  • Squish (don't ask)
  • Squeezie
  • Lou-squeeze
  • Weeza
  • Luigi
  • Scooby-Doo (no seriously, don't ask)
Most of those nicknames are only used by family, which is why they're so weird. I honestly have no idea where Scooby-Doo and Squish came from.


5. When Jason gets home from his all night adventures through Fairy, his parents unfairly ground him for a month! Care to share a time you were grounded by your parents for no good reason?


I've never been grounded, so here's a picture of a very smug-looking SpongeBob.

11 comments

  1. A party seems like a good reward for finding a lost ring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL- your answers are hysterical!! This was my first time at your blog...how fun...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isa / Book Soulmates06/07/2012, 15:01

    Sucks that you got sick at the concert but at least you had a good time ;) lol

    Hahaha...not a huge fan of the Simpsons but I do love that you used their phone number on your reward poster!

    Smug Spongebob FTW :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMY FOURNIER06/07/2012, 16:56

    Great post!! That sucks that you got really sick after that concert, but it sounds like it was amazing!! How very detailed the name question is. That's awesome that you have never been grounded. I only was that one time really.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa @ The Garden of Books06/07/2012, 17:47

    I always wanted a ton of nicknames but it was never really a thing with my friends and I.

    I would like a party...I think that is a great reward!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aeicha @ Word Spelunking06/07/2012, 17:59

    I love all your nicknames! And cleaning toilets always sucks.

    That pic of Spongebob always makes me giggle!

    :) Aeicha
    Word Spelunking

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww... how sad to lose that ring! I shall keep on the look out! ;)

    I would have loved to go the the concert. Sorry you got sick. makes it more memorable!

    Oh and I was an *cough* innocent child too! *cough* *hack* wheeze*

    Hm... must have caught that flu...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yuck! I do not envy you the toilets, but I DO envy you the U2 concert. That seriously would have been an amazing concert. But I don't go to concerts for the exact same reason....too expensive. :) LOL! If I find your ring, I'm totally returning it. I'd love a party in my honor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rofl! Smug looking Spongebob will do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Squish! Aaaaah! I love that you have many nicknames, all of them sound fun. And I loved visiting London, but I think I would have loved it even more if I had been lucky enough to go to a U2 concert there.

    Go on and shine that smug smile! You deserve it for being such a good girl. :)

    P.S. I just LOVE your blog design. It's AWESOME! And it makes me happy just to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha smug spongebob!!! I was only truly grounded once. I was sneaky hehe. I love concerts but the merchandise is really expensive! I only have one concert tee and that is because a radio station was giving them out free. Lots of nicknames!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read every single one I receive and make sure to return as many as possible ❤️ If you want me to participate in a tag feel free to tag me (no awards, though, please)!

© Exploring by Starlight. Design by FCD.