The Sailor Moon Book Tag

Thursday 7 July 2016


I wasn't actually tagged for this, but since I am a lifelong Sailor Moon fan, I felt an incredible need to take part. Obviously I'm ridiculously excited for the Summer of Sailor Scouts event that is taking place (which i had great timing coming back to blogging for) because anything that is Sailor Moon related sets my nostalgia metre way off the scale. Let's get going with the tag! BTW, which Sailor Scout is your favourite? Mine's Sailor Jupiter :)

(source)

Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli

I came away from this book with two main thoughts: 1) that it was so adorable and I needed more book 2) I really needed a giant pack of Oreos all to myself. Simon and Blue talk about Oreos so much in this book that it ended up making me have huge cravings for Double Stuff Oreos. I want some right now, actually.


Cinder by Marissa Meyer

A futuristic Beijing with helpful androids, cyborgs, and all sorts of other wonderful sci-fi things? Um, yes please. Apart from the deadly virus though. That can stay in fictional world.


Dragon Ball by Akira Toriyama

I miiiight be cheating because the Dragon Ball was inspired by the Chinese novel Journey to the West which in turn was based on Chinese mythology. So I guess this counts? It does. I said so.
I used to watch the Dragon Ball Z anime with my brother all the time when I was little and I started to read the manga a few years ago because for some reason we never watched the original Dragon Ball series. We did watch Dragon Ball GT in all of its messy glory, though.


Goliath by Scott Westerfeld

Pretty much anything by Scott Westerfeld will give me major feels, but Goliath gave me off-the-scale level feels because it's the end of my favourite book series and reading it felt like saying goodbye to my best friends. I'm way overdue a re-read of the whole Leviathan series, so I'll be able to reunite with those friends in a way.


Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

Let's be honest, who hasn't picked this book for this prompt? I mean, it's pretty much about a video game. Speaking of which, I really need to read Armada soon...


Nomad by J.L. Bryan

I reviewed this book a couple of years back and ahhh it was so good. JL Bryan's usually a supernatural/paranormal writer and the fact that he wrote a sci-fi book kind of surprised me at first, and then completely pleased me because I enjoyed it so much. I don't have my eARC anymore, so I'll definitely have to buy a proper copy!


Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo

Ah, my favourite fantasy series (i don't read an awful lot of fantasy books, so of course this would be my favourite series). Is it bad that I'd want to have The Darkling's powers? Dark things are just so much cooler than light things. Maybe that's just my inner vampire wanting to come.


Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist by David Levithan & Rachel Cohn

Music plays a pretty important part in this book as Nick, who plays in a queercore band, and Norah, a music producer's daughter, meet at a gig and go around New York hoping to catch one of their favourite bands live. Also the actual playlist is listed at the back of the book, which is a nice touch.


The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey

When I first read this book it completely blew me away and I awarded it my old Golden UFO rating (which i don't do anymore because it seems redundant to me now) because it was just that good. I'm quite surprised that I haven't continued on with the series yet because I have the second book waiting on my shelves for me, but I should probably refresh my memory first.


Final Crisis by Grant Morrison

Any book with superheroes in it is bound to have hidden identities, and Batman is my favourite superhero (next to Superman, of course).


Okay, I've completely fallen flat with this prompt because not only do I not read middle grade books now, I didn't read a lot when I was in that age range, and the only two MG books on my GR shelf are books that I haven't read. Yep. Oops. At least I made a pretty graphic though....



Fruits Basket by Natsuki Takaya

While the main characters of this series aren't really animals, they do transform into animals when hugged by members of the opposite sex. I started reading this series when I was nine years old, and my copies of the early volumes are in quite a horrendous state because I was an awful child who didn't know how to take care of my things properly and slept with books under my pillow. The first four volumes have slightly ripped covers from being shuffled about in my sleep and stuffed into bags tons of times. Some people might call these "well-loved" and they're right because I constantly read these over and over, but I believe that a book can be beloved without almost falling to pieces.

Are you a Sailor Moon fan?  If so, which Sailor Scout is your favourite?

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read every single one I receive and make sure to return as many as possible ❤️ If you want me to participate in a tag feel free to tag me (no awards, though, please)!

© Exploring by Starlight. Design by FCD.