Stacking the Shelves (8)

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews, in which I showcase books that I have received this week.

This week I bought:

The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole
Lonely Souls by Karice Bolton
I love special offers! There was a 2 for £3 offer in my local branch of The Works and I picked up The Immortal Rules and A Hunger Like No Other!

I had to get The Immortal Rules as soon as I saw it was part of the offer since I know how much quite a few people love Julie Kagawa's work and I decided to see what it's all about! So far, from the reviews that I've read, I'm expecting awesome!

I had a bit of a mis-goof with A Hunger Like No Other (I think). I tend not to buy books from a series in The Works unless I know what order the series is in. I picked up the book not knowing what order it comes in, so I checked in the front of the book and it says that it's the first one and then I bought it. When I was on the Goodreads page, it says that it's the second in the series. I'm a wee bit confused now.

I haven't read many witch books but I do love free ebooks, so when I saw an ad for Lonely Souls over on The Bookish Brunette, I just had to check out the synopsis and download a copy onto my Kindle (I'm obsessed with my new Kindle). I don't think I've read any books about witches at all so I hope I'm in for a surprise!

What did you get this week? Leave me a link and I'll pop by!
author image

Louise

Louise is an English student who is currently hiding in a fort made out of DC books. When she's not doing responsible things, reading, or blogging, she can be found watching movies or TV, playing video games, slowly going deaf from listening to really loud music, or making bad jokes on Twitter. She loves Muppets, shoes, and plushies and is always on the lookout for the next best polish in the perfect shade of blue. She hopes to be a Gothic/vampire author in the future and bring her own brand of vampire to life (no, they don't sparkle).

8 comments :

  1. I loved The Immortal Rules. I use Fantastic Fiction to check out series order but usually not until after I bought a book. The Karice Bolton book sounds interesting but I have already added 6 books to my Kindle from other posts on this meme. I refuse to go look at the synopsis.

    You can check out my new books posts at Ms. Martin Teaches Media and Inside of a Dog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The immortal rules is an awesome book. It was one of my favorite from 2012 and it's a great new angle on vampires. I hope you're going to love it! Happy reading :)

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The works is just great for offers isn't it? I got the whole iron Fey series from there last week! Anyway, I have the Immortal Rules but I haven't read it yet, I look forward to your review!

    Happy Reading!

    Check out My Haul! Letterbox Love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books this week. I adored The Immortal Rules so I hope you do too. Happy reading!

    Here’s my Stacking The Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to reading The Immortal Rules. Heard such good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Julie Kagawa, but I may be the only one who didn't like the Immortal Rules. I hope you have better luck with! The other two look really great :) Nice haul!

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower! I'm reading The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa right now. I want to read The Immortal Rules eventually!

    Check out my SP & STS.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2 for 3 pounds? That's amazing!
    I still need to pick up The Immortal Rules - someone sent me a copy a few months ago but I didn't have time to read it :(

    ReplyDelete