Waiting on Wednesday (7)

Wednesday 4 July 2012


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

I'm going to start doing my WoW posts a little differently from now on. Since I don't usually know what upcoming book releases there are, I will only feature upcoming books when I know an upcoming release that I am dying from anticipation for.

My picks this week are:
Midnight City
(The Conquered Earth #1)
J. Barton Mitchell
Expected publication: October 30th
by St Martin's Griffin

Add to Goodreads
In a post-apocalyptic world controlled by alien invaders, two teens and a young girl with mysterious powers embark on a dangerous journey. What they find will change everything...

Earth has been conquered. An extraterrestrial race known as The Assembly has abducted the adult population, leaving the planet's youth to fend for themselves. In this treacherous landscape, Holt, a bounty hunter, is transporting his prisoner Mira when they discover Zoey, a young girl with powerful abilities who could be the key to stopping The Assembly. As they make their way to the cavernous metropolis of Midnight City, the trio must contend with freedom fighters, mutants, otherworldly artifacts, pirates, feuding alien armies, and perhaps most perilous of all: Holt and Mira's growing attraction to each other.
A post-apocalyptic world caused by aliens? There is absolutely no need to say any more than that. Gimme, gimme, gimme!

The Assassination Game
(Starfleet Academy #4)
Alan Gratz
Released June 26 2012
by Simon Spotlight

When a terrorist attack rocks Starfleet Academy, it’s clear someone has a very serious—and very deadly—secret agenda.

The rules are simple: Draw a target. Track him down and “kill” him with a spork. Take your victim’s target for your own. Oh, and make sure the player with your name doesn’t get to you first. No safe zones. No time-outs. The game ends when only one player remains.

James T. Kirk is playing for fun. Leonard “Bones” McCoy is playing to get closer to a girl. But when a series of terrorist attacks rock the usually placid Starfleet Academy campus, it becomes clear that somebody is playing the game for real. Is it one of the visiting Varkolak, on Earth to attend an intergalactic medical conference? Or could it be a member of a super-secret society at the Academy dedicated to taking care of threats to the Federation, no matter what rules they have to break to do it?
I featured the third Starfleet Academy book in my Stacking the Shelves on Sunday and this book came out on Tuesday last week. I've ordered in and it'll be in my mits any day now!

What are you waiting on? Leave me a link and I'll pop by!

1 comment

  1. Sandra Terry04/07/2012, 17:51

    Midnight City: :o That sounds so gooood. Oh my gosh! And the cover, I LOVE the cover. I will marry that cover and bake it cookies. Thanks for sharing this book I might have to preorder it.

    Sandy
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read every single one I receive and make sure to return as many as possible ❤️ If you want me to participate in a tag feel free to tag me (no awards, though, please)!

© Exploring by Starlight. Design by FCD.