I Can't Feel My Fingers Anymore | September 2017 Recap πŸ“†

Saturday 30 September 2017



It's the last day of September! I am currently panicking so much because the passage of time is a truly horrifying thing and I have so many things to do in such a short amount of time.

Most of my time this month has been eaten up by university work because I'm so close to finishing my Masters degree, but I've still managed to post every time I intended to. Yay! When I haven't been blogging or reading (or panicking) I've been working on my dissertation which is turning my brain into mush. I'm nowhere near finished with it, so I've had to get an extension, which is sort of a load off of my mind, but not too much.

All month I've been toying with the idea of moving to free Wordpress since I can't afford self-hosted and I'm frustrated with how difficult it is to get noticed with a Blogger blog and after setting up a mock-up site, making a new design, and drafting a post, I'm not going for it. The SEO on Blogger is terrible and it's such a neglected platform, but I just can't deal with how limited Wordpress is. Some of the images I make for my blog are pretty big but when I put them into Wordpress, they end up being automatically smaller, which really grates on me. Plus, the lack of themes that I liked was bugging me too. Another issue - one that's on Blogger's end, though - is that if I were to switch over to free Wordpress, I would lose all of my comments because Disqus doesn't sync with Blogger properly anymore. Also, I can't imagine organising six years worth of posts would be very fun. Instead, I'm going to stay put here and change my design instead, to see if I feel any better.


  • Fire with Fire by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian - ★★★
  • Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas - ★★★★ - THAT ENDING??? I'm shook.
  • Batman: The Golden Age Volume 1 - still reading oops - If only I could actually go to the NY Worlds Fair but I saw the ad 77 years too late.
  • Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo - ★★★★ - 
  • Lois Lane: Double Down by Gwenda Bond - I'm still reading this one but I should have it finished by tonight 

  • Parks and Recreation
  • The Night Manager - finished in one sitting but I have mixed feelings about it
  • The Propaganda Game - rewatched
  • Chuck Norris vs Communism - doesn't actually feature Chuck Norris, but still a good documentary to watch
  • The Russian Revolution - mini documentary about the communist revolution in russia
  • High-Rise - ??????????????? what the heck happened in this movie
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air


Not a single one because I'm broke as hell. I can't even afford food right now.

(image source)

Favourite book: Wonder Woman! I love Diana so much. She's so precious.

Favourite movie: Eh, I didn't really watch enough movies to have a favourite this month.

Favourite TV show: At the moment, it's definitely Fresh Prince but that's probably because I'm watching it so much.

Favourite song: Fall Catalog - 18 Carat Affair - This song is barely a minute and a half long but ohmygod I love it so much that I wish it was like ten hours long. I have a strange taste in music so this might be a little weird to other people, but I love music that makes me feel about five different things at the same time, and this song makes me feel uncomfortably nostalgic, which is a strange feeling but a good one.


Keep up with a regular schedule: This month I managed to properly keep to my schedule for the first time in forever and I'm actually quite proud of that considering just how busy I've been. Obviously, I can balance two things at once when I really try.

Actually use my gym membership: I've had a gym membership for over a year now and I go through fits and starts where I do remember to use it, but recently I haven't been going at all because of dissertation work and it's not doing me any good.

Maintain a good sleep pattern: Recently, and by 'recently' I mean this week, I've been sleeping at much more sensible times than I was before and I do want to keep it up. I don't know how many of you have had a completely nocturnal schedule, but once it got to the point that my family would go for days out without me because I was asleep, I realised that I had to change things. So, instead of going to bed at 6 in the morning and waking up late at night, I've been going to bed at midnight and waking up around 8 in the morning. I absolutely hate being out of bed early but it's better than spending all day asleep.

Remember to comment outside of blogs that I follow: I tell myself to do this every single month and I never do it because I'm a stupid butt who barely has a memory. I should probably get this tattooed onto my arm so that I won't forget.

Do something with my damn hair: I know that I don't have any photos of me on this blog, but my hair is a damn mess and it's mainly because I neglect it so much. I don't know how many of you have curly hair but it can be such a hassle to maintain that I just want to shave my head and start all over again sometimes. My graduation is at the end of November so I want to get my hair into a much healthier condition so that I don't end up looking like a banshee in my photo.

Finish my dissertation: Ha. Haha. Ha ha. That's what I should be doing right now but I'm writing this post instead. please don't tell my parents. they'll kill me with words.

How was your September? Do you have any favourite things from this month? Did you achieve any goals you set for yourself?
© Exploring by Starlight. Design by FCD.