10 Books on My Summer TBR ☀

Tuesday 4 July 2017


Top 10 Tuesday is actually on a break until August 15th, so until then I'll be making up my own prompts or picking out from the list of past prompts because I like my schedule the way it is and I don't like change. Anyways, it's summertime here in the Northern Hemisphere! I will admit that summer is my least favourite season because I don't handle hot weather very well, I hate showing off my limbs, and I very rarely go outside, whomp whomp. But, that doesn't mean that I can't match what I read to the weather because my reading tastes definitely depend on the time of year.


Lois Lane: Fallout by Gwenda Bond - There are two things that I treasure dearly in this world. One of those is YA fiction, which is sort of a given. The other is Lois Lane (she is my online avatar, of course). I love Lois Lane so much that I am very quick to defend her when people write her off as an "uninteresting, pointless damsel in distress" because she was never intended to be one and hasn't been one since the 1960's. Lois is a strong independent woman who fights for what she believes in without the need of powers, and just so happens to be married to the strongest man in the world. Well, not in this book she isn't. But anyway, obviously I had to read this series, duh.

When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon - Recently I've seen this book making the rounds and it sounds pretty cute so I had to give it a go (also, it's currently 99p on Kindle). I haven't read any contemporaries in a while and it's a genre that I always come back to, but it's usually very white and reading more diverse books is something I planned to do this year, so why not put it on my TBR.

The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas - I've been wanting to read this book since it was released, but money got in my way of getting a copy of it. That's problem's been solved now because I got in on Kindle and can finally read it, since I've heard so many good things.

The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater - I recently finished The Raven Boys and while I didn't love it, I did like it enough to want to continue on with the rest of the series (i may have a soft spot for Gansey now). Just before I started this post I ordered a copy of this book so now I just have to play the waiting game.

Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson - This book hasn't really been talked about for a while but it's been sitting on my shelves for ages and it looks sort of summery (maybe?) so now feels like the right time to read it since summer is usually contemporary time for me.


Gracefully Grayson by Ami Polonsky - So far I've only read one book that has a trans protagonist and it wasn't handled as well as it could have been, so when I saw this book in the library I was a little wary, but it's all good because the blurb doesn't do any misgendering. I haven't borrowed it yet but I will do when I make my way down this list.

Fire with Fire by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian - It's been the hottest of minutes since I read Burn for Burn and I'm wanting to get as many series that I own finished as I can, and I realised that I didn't own a copy of Fire with Fire, which is on its way to me. Happy days.

Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas - I originally had this book on my spring TBR but because I'm not good at keeping to a schedule sometimes I ended up putting it back on my shelves, but this time I'm determined to read it because it's been too long.

I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson - Another library book! I still haven't read any of Jandy Nelson's books even though I own The Sky is Everywhere, but I have heard plenty of good things about I'll Give You the Sun that I will definitely get it from the library.

Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo - I have been extremely hyped for not just this book, but this entire series (with one exception) since it was first announced so of course I had to place a pre-order for the first book because 1) it's Wonder Woman and 2) it's Wonder Woman written by Leigh Bardugo. Um, yes please. (As for the exception, there's going to be a Catwoman book by Sarah J. Maas that I'll more than likely skip because I really don't like Catwoman, and the more criticism I read about SJM, the less interested in her books I am.)

What's on your summer TBR (or winter, if you're in the Southern Hemisphere)?
© Exploring by Starlight. Design by FCD.