10 Books That I Will Definitely Read in 2017

Tuesday 3 January 2017

Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Click here for the list of topics.

The actual prompt for this week is 2017 debuts to look forward to, but I have been so horrendously out of the loop for so long that I barely even know non-debut titles that are being released. So instead, I've decided to list which books that I'm prioritising myself to read in 2017. When I'll get around to reading them is obviously subject to change, but I'm promising myself that these books will be read, and they will be read hard. Or gently. I don't want to break them.


Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo - I almost had a heart attack when this book was announced because it's A WONDER WOMAN BOOK WRITTEN BY LEIGH BARDUGO HOLY CRAP OMG. I'm actually excited for all of these books (well, except for the Catwoman one, because bleh, Catwoman) but because Leigh is the only author I've read, I'm especially looking forward to this one.

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater - I feel like the only person in the world who hasn't read The Raven Boys and I'm determined to change that. The only problem I have is that I don't know whether to get the series in hardback, paperback, or as ebooks (i've ran out of shelf space 🤷🏻).

The Dead Zone by Stephen King - I DNF'd this book a loooong time ago. When I was 14, to be precise. And it wasn't because I hated it, I was actually enjoying it, the library just got sick of me renewing it for me all the time. I got a copy for my birthday a couple of years ago, so it's high time I finally finished it.

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo - Oh, look, another Leigh Bardugo book! I actually met Leigh in autumn of 2015 and got a signed copy of Six of Crows and because I am terrible, I still haven't read it. I actually probably won't read this book until I've read Ruin and Rising because I would rather finish the Grisha trilogy properly before moving on to the Six of Crows books.



To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han  - I'm pretty sure that the last book in this series is being released this year, but I still haven't read the first book. I'm a sucker for fluffy YA contemporary and To all the Boys I've Loved Before seems right up my alley, so of course I'll be prioritising it.

Our Own Private Universe by Robin Talley - The only F/F romances I've read weren't published, so the only properly published LGBT books I've read are M/M. The fact that this book has a F/F relationship and a bisexual MC is two big ticks for me, so obviously I'll be wanting to read this book when it's released.

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll - I'm going to be reading a bunch of classics this year anyway thanks to university, but I do want to be able to take the time to read at least one classic book that I want to read, and not one that I have to read. I've got a few classics that I really want to get to, but Alice in Wonderland is definitely a priority because I have a gorgeous copy that I still haven't gotten around to reading yet.

Winter by Marissa Meyer - I finally got all of the main Lunar Chronicles books in hardback and I'm actually hoping to finish them this month because I'm currently reading Cress. I knew that Winter was going to be the longest book in the series, but when it arrived in the post, I completely underestimated just how physically thick it is. Eep.



The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black - I write about vampires, so I feel like I have some sort of duty to read as many vampire books as I possibly can, so of course I would prioritise at least one vampire book. However, I'm specifically prioritising this because because I've put it down twice and still haven't finished it. I need to finish this book because A) it's vampires and B) I have a signed copy and I feel terrible if I don't read signed books that are personalised to me.

Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout - I may or may not have a reread of the entire Lux series because I've had the last book since it was first released and I still haven't read it because I'm terrible and forgetful and am awful at time management. I need to see what happens to my beautiful aliens in the end!

What books are you prioritising this year?
© Exploring by Starlight. Design by FCD.