My Attempt to Be More Social

I don't know if you guys knew this, but I'm really shy. Not the kind of shy where I get nervous about talking to people in person but then I'm really social online. No, I'm shy everywhere; in person, on the phone, and even online. I haven't had any online friends since everybody decided to leave Piczo because they hated it (that was about four years ago). And you know what? It's kind of my own fault.

Obviously, I can't really help being shy. I always have been, and meeting new people can often be a struggle for me. Even today, I still have trouble asking people that I'm close to for help, and it takes me at least two days to reply to an email.

But what does this have to do with blogging? I don't feel like I'm fully a part of the book blogging community, and it's because I've spent so long nestled away in my little corner, watching people interact with each other, then wishing that I could do the same and then shying away back into my corner.

Every now and again I think about whether I should continue blogging and I always come up with three reasons as to why:

  • I don't think that my posts have enough personality
  • I'm losing my motivation due to the fact that my time management skills suck
  • I don't talk to anybody.
I actually only started commenting on blogs properly this year, which is pretty bad, but what I really need to do is start talking to people properly over on those Twitters. And even though I do talk about myself quite a lot, I don't feel like people really know me yet. So, allow me to re-introduce myself.

Hi!
gif by rhetthammersmithhorror
  • My name is Louise, I'm 19, and I'm from the North East of England
  • Apart from books, I love films (my second love), cartoons, video games, normal TV shows, and writing
  • I love, love, love, love The Simpsons. Just try to beat me at Simpsons trivia. Go on, just try it.
  • My favourite Disney movie is Tarzan (two worlds, one faaaamiilyyyy ~), and I'm still working on reading the books (two down, twenty three to go!)
  • I tend to make my own gifs, simply because I can (if you ever see a gif without a source link, it was made by me!)
  • My current favourite TV show is Dexter (and I've only read the first book so far)
  • I'm addicted to Starbucks and buying socks with fun patterns on (plain socks are boring)
  • My favourite colour is blue
  • I have the most humongous crushes on Henry Cavill, Tom Hiddleston, and Anton Yelchin (that's my personal holy trinity of hotness).
  • The city where I'm from is where Jabberwocky was written.
  • I'm studying English at university
  • If I could have one superpower, I'd be telepathic. Just to freak people out.

Now it's your turn!
  • Who are you? Where are you from?
  • Apart from books, what else do you love?
  • Do you have a favourite TV show?
  • Do you like Disney? If so, what's your favourite Disney movie?
  • What non-bookish thing are you addicted to?
  • What's your favourite colour?
  • Do you have any celebrity crushes? If so, who?
  • Tell me something cool or interesting about where you're from
  • Are you at school or college? What do you study (if you did go, what did you study?)
  • If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?
Let's be friends! If you see me around Twitter, don't be afraid to say hi (like I am)!

Instagram