I'm Finished with Uni for the Year! (+ my goals for the summer)

Monday 19 May 2014

(this gif is so relevant because GUESS WHO I WENT TO SEE ON THURSDAY!!!)

I'm finally finished with university for the year! My last assignment (which was a total nightmare) has been handed in and I'm finally free to read as much as I want and read what I want. Yahoo! Since I don't have any work to do until September (which seems like forever away), you guys will be seeing me a lot more around here because I'm finally going to get my butt in gear and make my presence known in the blogging world (I've tried before and failed). So, here are some of my goals for this summer!

Blogging goals


  • Post more frequently - I already have my reviews on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, as well as Life of a Blogger on Fridays, so I'm going to try to post on days where I don't usually have anything (I've already got a new feature planned!).
  • Write more discussion/personal posts - I'm not really the best person at articulating thoughts onto paper as soon as I think them, and this blog is kind of limited to just reviews at the minute, so I want to add more of a 'me' element to my posts
  • Comment on blogs - I am the worst commenter in the world. Don't even try to argue on me with on this because I just don't do it (mainly because I'm shy, even behind a computer screen). So, I am going to comment on posts that I read, to show people that I am interested in what they have to say (when I was on Mibba, back when it was more popular, a lot of people used to say "don't be a silent reader" and I don't want to be a silent reader anymore)
  • Be more social on Twitter - I've started using Twitter more since I've returned to blogging, and I'm still not all that social with other bloggers. So it's about time that I changed that! If you follow me on Twitter, tweet at me! And if you don't follow me on Twitter, why not? Go follow me! (I'm kidding, you don't have to follow me if you don't want to.) You'll always know who I am, because my profile picture is Homer Simpson.
  • Participate in more events - Last month I took part in LGBT month, and although I enjoyed it, I think I should have participated a lot more, instead of just reading books, posting reviews and linking them up. And there's lots of great events that happen and I'd like to take part in ones that interest me, and do it properly.
  • Go to a book convention! - Okay, maybe I'll save this one for next summer, or after my birthday (which is at the very end of August *winkwinknudgenudge*) because I'm currently broke. And I'd love to meet some of you lovely people in real life (realistically, it would be UK bloggers that I'd meet because I live in the North and even going to London can be expensive)!

Personal goals


  • Leave the house more often - I'm not doing anything on a regular basis for five months so I can't just sit in the house all the time. Even if it involves leaving the house to go to someone else's house, I'll still be doing something.
  • Save money - This one's important because I have about £500 to last me until September and my friends are wanting to do a lot of things over the summer. And on top of that, I'm going to Switzerland in August with my Guides unit, where I'll be feeding myself. It's a good thing I tend to not spend too much money abroad.
  • Get in contact with my school friends - This is really personal for me because I haven't seen any of my old friends since last year and they barely talk to me anymore. I mean, I haven't sent them any messages, but it goes both ways. So, I'm going to send my best friend a message and ask if she wants to meet up for coffee or something. Just anything will do because I don't want us to drift apart any more.
  • Get active - I refuse to put on more weight over the summer, and I think my gym member ship has expired so my friend and I will be looking for a cheaper place to go to. By bye, flab!
  • Generally take better care of myself - I didn't really want to admit this onlne, but I am a really lazy person when it comes to taking care of myself. There are days where I just don't get dressed and stay in my pyjamas all day. I don't want to have this habit forever, I'm definitely going to change that.
  • Finish Pokémon X (and Metal Gear Solid) - I must do this before November! I must I must I must! I got this game in October when it was released and I just didn't have the time to play it (I managed to finish A Link Between Worlds over Christmas vacation though). And plus, the Hoenn remakes are coming out in November and I never finished Sapphire because I lost it, so that game will be so important to me.
So, these are my goals for this summer! I really think that I can do this if I try, and that's exactly what I'm going to do! Starting today, you'll definitely be seeing a lot more of me, and I did try to have a review up tomorrow but I failed there because that assignment got in the way of reading. I'll see you all around the net!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read every single one I receive and make sure to return as many as possible ❤️ If you want me to participate in a tag feel free to tag me (no awards, though, please)!

© Exploring by Starlight. Design by FCD.