Review: Forgotten by Cat Patrick

Tuesday 29 May 2012

Forgotten
Cat Patrick
Genre: YA Paranormal
Released: June 6 2011
by Egmont
Source: Borrowed from library
Rating: ★★★★★

Add to Goodreads | Purchase on Amazon
Each night when 16 year-old London Lane goes to sleep, her whole world disappears. In the morning, all that's left is a note telling her about a day she can't remember. The whole scenario doesn't exactly make high school or dating that hot guy whose name she can't seem to recall any easier. But when London starts experiencing disturbing visions she can't make sense of, she realizes it's time to learn a little more about the past she keeps forgetting-before it destroys her future.

Part psychological drama, part romance, and part mystery, this thought-provoking novel will inspire readers to consider the what-if's in their own lives and recognize the power they have to control their destinies.
I picked up Forgotten at my local library without really knowing what it was about; I was attracted by the pretty cover, like a lot of people are. To me, the blurb is both ambiguous and obvious at the same time, which really intrigued me.

Forgotten has a story that, to me, is quite unique. London, our protagonist, can remember the future, but not the past, which is erased from her mind at 4:33 a.m. and uses notes to remind herself of what has happened the day before. This is where the unique storytelling comes in. When London doesn't write a note, she forgets everything and this is reflected in the narrative. I loved London's voice in the narrative, the number of questions she asks herself adds to the sense of mystery and I could feel her emotions jumping off the page.

As clichèd as it sounds, I felt like I could somewhat connect with London, although I haven't experienced what she has. Most of the time I felt sorry for her, and at other times I wanted to grab hold of her and shake some sense into her. I loved her determination and how she still cares for people, even when things run sour.

Luke sounds like my dream guy; I wouldn't mind him telling me fibs. I liked how he stuck with London and still loved her, even when she wanted to rip his head off. I also liked how he is willing to help London with her problems, no matter what the consequences. What a guy.

The pace of Forgotten is quite relaxed but kept me wanting to read more and more. The moments of tension had me on edge as I read them. I'm disappointed that this is a stand-alone novel, I want to find out what happens when the book is over.

I devoured this book, it kept me intrigued and wanting more and more. I would recommend Forgotten to fans of mystery and also to fans of romance.

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read every single one I receive and make sure to return as many as possible ❤️ If you want me to participate in a tag feel free to tag me (no awards, though, please)!

© Exploring by Starlight. Design by FCD.