Dusty Reads (2)

Tuesday 7 February 2012


Dusty Reads is a weekly meme, hosted by Giselle at Xpresso Reads, about books that have been sitting unread on your shelf at home for a long time.
My pick this week:
Julie and Me... and Michael Owen Makes Three
by Alan Gibbons

It's been a year of own goals for Terry.

  • Man U, the entire focus of his life (what else is ther?) lose to arch-enemies Liverpool
  • he looks like Chris Evans, no pecs
  • Mum and Dad split up (just another statistic
  • he falls seriously in love with drop dead gorgeous Julie. It's bad enough watching Frisky Fitzy (school golden boy) drool all over her, but worse still she's an ardent Liverpool FC supporter.
Life as Terry knows it is about to change in this hilariously funny, sometimes sad, utterly readable modern Romeo and Juliet story.
I got this book in 2008 when I was presented my student librarian qualification and Alan Gibbons was the guest speaker at the event. The copy that I have is signed and for some reason I never got round to reading it; probably because it's about football (or soccer as others call it). I may read it soon as it is quite short and I am behind on my reading challenge.

Do you have any books that are collecting dust?

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read every single one I receive and make sure to return as many as possible ❤️ If you want me to participate in a tag feel free to tag me (no awards, though, please)!

© Exploring by Starlight. Design by FCD.