10 of My Favourite Books I Read in 2017 💜

Tuesday 12 December 2017

Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

I don't know about any of you, friends, but I'm definitely not done reading for the year so I would rather make this post in a couple of weeks time, but that's not really my decision. But whatever. I haven't had an incredible reading year, but at the same time it hasn't been terrible. It's just been sort of in the middle. I haven't read very many horrendous books and most books I've read have been either 3 or 4 star books, with the occasional five. And also one that I gave one stars, but I'm not here to talk about that, I'm here to talk about my favourites.

I've already made a post like this back in September so I may be repeating myself a little, but obviously it's not all the same.


The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater - I actually plan to finish reading The Raven Cycle this month but so far my favourite of the two that I've read is definitely The Dream Thieves. It took me a little bit of time to really get into The Raven Boys, but the second book is where the characters really start to shine for me.

The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas - If there was only one book in the whole of book-kind that I would want every person to read, it would be this one. The Hate U Give is such an important book that I really wish everyone could read it and see how great it is.

Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas - I had owned a copy of this book for about a million years before I picked it up and I really wish I'd done it sooner because this books is so freaking tense. I haven't been this frustrated by a mystery book in a long time, and that's a good thing.

When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon - I first heard of this book from Mishma from Chasing Faerytales on her Twitter and even though I am entirely unfamiliar with Bollywood movies, I was immediately interested. I'm always here for cute contemporary romances, and cute diverse contemporary romances are a plus.

Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo - Is Leigh Bardugo the queen? a) Yes b) Yes. Obviously.


Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han - I read the entire Lara Jean series this year and picking which one I liked the most was kind of difficult because I loved all three of them. However, because it's the freshest in my mind, I'm going to have to go with the final book in the trilogy. I'll probably ship Lara Jean and Peter for the rest of my life, tbh.

Lois Lane: Fallout by Gwenda Bond - Unfortunately, DC really started to break my heart this year (*cough*rulesofengagementandjusticeleaguemoviebutespeciallyrulesofengagement*cough*) but that hasn't stopped me from really enjoying Gwenda Bond's Lois books. She just gets Lois' character so much that it's incredible.

Cress by Marissa Meyer - I actually read this book over New Years but Goodreads counts it as having been read this year so on the list it shall go. Technically, I only read Winter in just 2017 but I actually liked Cress more. Thorne will always be my absolute favourite and I kind of want him for myself but at the same time I love him with Cress. Ah, conflicting mindsets...

Fire with Fire by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian - This series isn't the greatest in the world since it has all of the standard high school cliches that I'm sure don't actually exist in real life: catty cheerleaders, jock bullies, lonely "alternative" kids, those kinds of characters. But, I kind of enjoyed Fire with Fire because, to be a little vulgar, this is where the shit really hits the fan.

Lois Lane: Triple Threat by Gwenda Bond - Normally, putting two books from the same series on a list is a rule breaker, but I love the Lois Lane series so much that I am once again willing to break my own self-imposed rule. I don't have a lot of OTPs but Clois is definitely one of them, and this book only amplified that because they are soooo cute. I can't.


What were some of your favourite books you read this year? Leave me a link to your post and I'll swing by! 😊
© Exploring by Starlight. Design by FCD.