I didn't like it.
I also tried to start Blogilates, but I gave up after two days because 1) there is literally no room in my house to do it (my room's too small, my parents' room doesn't have enough floor space, and my dad is downstairs all day every day) and 2) I just literally couldn't do it. I couldn't control my breathing properly, and I had a really hard time doing the moves. My mum asked me if I want to go to aqua aerobics with her and her friend, so I might do that instead. I haven't been happy with my body for a long time now, and I'm sick of just sitting around being sad about it.
I went back to university on the 26th and I'm already having to sing songs in my head. My friends do literally nothing but complain about the course. I got tired of it towards the end of last semester and I'm already tired of it this semester. Fair enough, our creative writing teacher makes mildly sexist comments here and there (one friend said that his class is an 'unsafe environment'), but whenever he goes off topic I just don't listen to him. And I'm far beyond the point of caring now. I've only got one essay to write this term, so I just want to get through this with no problems and with a good mark. I complain about things quite a lot, but not every single day like my friends do and it's just really starting to get on my nerves now. I have enough negative thoughts of my own, I don't need to constantly have other people's thrown at me.
Anways, onto happier things. At the end of the month, my brother and I went to the huge shopping centre that's about 30 mins away from where we live because he needed to go to the Apple Store to sort out something with iTunes, and I needed something to do. I was good, because I managed to not buy any books (I'm currently on a ban), but I did come home with two box sets of The Simpsons and two band shirts from HMV. There was another shirt that was being displayed on the wall that I would have given my soul to own, but they didn't have any out on the shelves, which is a total bummer, but I found it on Amazon so all is well. Also, not in the same day though, I got the entire first 4 seasons of Futurama in one box set, and I'm planning on making a lot of reaction gifs from them (I may do that with The Simpsons, but it would take so long to do), so hopefully you can expect to see some soon!
- My Blogging Manifesto
- The Nostalgia is Killing Me
- What I Love About Disney
- Stacking the Shelves | December 2014 + January 2015
- Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld (it took me two fucking months to finish this) - 3/5
- Top Girls by Caryl Churchill (re-read) - 3/5
- Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper by J.L. Bryan (re-read) - 4/5
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer - 4/5
- Ico by Miyuki Miyabe - DNF
- Goodreads challenge: 5/50
- Fairytale challenge: 1 /10
- Reread challenge: 2/12
- TBR jar challenge: 1/12 (i'm trying to figure out how to list this one)
In January I binge watched two TV shows: Girls (because the new series started airing and I wanted to refresh my memory) and RuPaul's Drag Race (because I haven't watched reality TV in a long time and I wanted something light-ish to watch while I was stressing out over essays. So far, Girls hasn't been great because pretty much every episode has focused on only Hannah, and nearly every person I've talk to about the show doesn't like Hannah. Hopefully it'll pick up soon. As for Drag Race, I've watched the first two seasons and I'm nearly done with Season 3. I was watching it on my laptop, but it's broken again so I've had to resort to watching it on my phone instead. Also, none of my favourites have won and that's kind of disappointing.
- Muppets Most Wanted
- Video Games: The Movie (Ernest Cline is in this!)
- Into the Woods
- Dick Tracy (I only watched it for Madonna tbh...)
|(my photography skills will get better some day)|
Since December I've been all about Red Hot Chili Peppers. I've been a fan of them for about nine or ten years now, and I hadn't heard any of their older (and by older I mean their stuff from the 80s) stuff until I got the eight (eight) albums of theirs that I didn't own. My friend keeps trying to convince me that they're terrible because she worked one of their gigs three years ago (which I missed because I didn't even know they were playing), but she's wrong and I'm not going to listen to her. Because you can't just listen to them live, you have to watch them.
If weird music isn't your thing and you can make it to the end of this playlist, I salute your strength and we should totally be BFFs. And while I did leave the more explicit and weird stuff out (a lot of early RHCP songs are about sex, and they're not shy or vague about it either), this still gets really weird towards the end (there's also a few, *ahem*, explicit noises that you should be aware of in 'Stone Cold Bush'. If you don't want to hear them or there's people around you, you might want to skip that one). I also missed out one of my favourites, and I can't get into Spotify right now. Whoops (if you want to hear it, just type 'The Brothers Cup' into YouTube).
Since Christmas day I've been absolutely obsessed with Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. I said in my nostalgia post that I wasn't near the Pokémon league yet, but I've actually beat the main game and the Delta Episode now. I've also been catching every Legendary that I can along the way because why not.
Here's my team as of January 31st (the levels went up again after I took this picture):
Altaria levels up so fast what the actual hell. If you play Pokémon and want to battle me or whatever, shoot me a message on Twitter and I'll give you my friend code!
And of course I've also been obsessed with Anthony Kiedis because he's gorgeous and I love him so much. Would you expect any less of me?
- Keep on top of my reading for university - This semester I have two novels to read, but I've read them before. I also hate both of them. But, I have a lot of short stories to read too, and last year I kept falling behind because I wanted to read my own books. I'm really trying to find a balance in how much I read, so hopefully I'll be able to read for the blog and also for university.
- Get my gif-making groove on - Recently I made a few gifs, and I'm hoping to do a series of reaction gif masterposts, because sharing is caring and I don't want to look like I'm selfish with my gifs. I'm going to try to make as many as I can from as many DVDs as I can, so it might be a while before those posts appear.
- Continue commenting - I didn't do much commenting at all this month because I had a serious lack of motivation recently, so I'm hoping to make more commenting rounds and also discover some new blogs because I don't follow that many blogs at the minute.
- Try out a themed month of some sort - I like to build my monthly TBRs based on genre and also the time of year, and since Valentine's is in February, I'm going to be jumping on the cliche train and reviewing a lot of romances this month.