Stacking the Shelves: April 2014

Stacking the Shelves is a book haul hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

Good news, everyone! There isn't actually any news really, I just wanted to say that at least once. At the beginning of this month I was on holiday in Italy and I had a great time (plus, managed to get some reading done)! Although I did have a hard time sleeping on the boat on the way there so I was drifting in and out of sleep in the car while I was listening to Oceania by Smashing Pumpkins. It felt like some sort of religious experience. Anyways, LGBT is almost over but I'm in a little bit of a slump right now so normal reviews will continue on Thursday. On to the books!
Bought this month:

I didn't get as many books this month as I did last month what with me being on holiday where they don't print in English (plus, there wasn't a great selection of books to buy on the boat) and very slowly going broke. I picked up These Broken Stars (a beautiful hardback copy, btw) and Boneshaker before I went away, and I'm glad that I did because I've been meaning to get those for quite some time now. I also got a box set of the Uglies series (which I read a long time ago and loved), because I feel like I should really own it with it being one of my favourite series by my favourite author.

What did you get? Leave me a link and I'll pop by!
author image

Louise

Louise is an English student who is currently hiding in a fort made out of DC books. When she's not doing responsible things, reading, or blogging, she can be found watching movies or TV, playing video games, slowly going deaf from listening to really loud music, or making bad jokes on Twitter. She loves Muppets, shoes, and plushies and is always on the lookout for the next best polish in the perfect shade of blue. She hopes to be a Gothic/vampire author in the future and bring her own brand of vampire to life (no, they don't sparkle).

6 comments :

  1. It's always nice to finally own books that you've read and loved AND I love those covers of the Uglies series.

    Enjoy all your books and have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you got Adaptation! (I really enjoyed that one) Happy reading~ Hopefully you get out of your slump soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh the uglies series. Those are great.

    My Weekly Wrap Up Post

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
  4. These Broken Stars looks absolutely gorgeous!

    Hope you had a lovely time in Italy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never made it to the Uglies series! I had the first book at some point, but it got lost in the shuffle somehow since I've moved so many times :( They're all such pretty covers! I also want to read These Broken Stars! Good haul ya got!
    This week I got a loooot of ebooks haha! My haul's here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome lot of books! :D Anatomy of a Single Girl is a really great book! The Uglies series is also really fantastic, I'd recommend you read them asap! :) I've heard some awesome things about These Broken Stars, I really want to get my hands on a copy. You'll have to let us know what you think! Thanks for stopping by my book haul. :)

    -----
    Tiffa @ The British Book Nerd

    ReplyDelete