Follow Friday (16)

Feature & Follow Friday is a weekly blog hop hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.

Q: What is a deal-breaker for you in a book? For example, do you abhor love triangles? Or can't deal with bad editing?

I have quite a few deal-breakers in books, for example:

  • Love triangles
  • Jerk love interests
  • Nothing happening until the very end
  • Plot holes
  • The same metaphor or simile being used repeatedly

Happy Friday!
author image

Louise

Louise is an English student who is currently hiding in a fort made out of DC books. When she's not doing responsible things, reading, or blogging, she can be found watching movies or TV, playing video games, slowly going deaf from listening to really loud music, or making bad jokes on Twitter. She loves Muppets, shoes, and plushies and is always on the lookout for the next best polish in the perfect shade of blue. She hopes to be a Gothic/vampire author in the future and bring her own brand of vampire to life (no, they don't sparkle).

7 comments :

  1. Bad editing is definitely a deal breaker. I've run across books that everyone is raving about and yet I can't get past the first chapter because the editing is so bad. Also, I'm sick of virgins. If I have to read about another virgin (that's not young adult) I'm gonna scream. Ditto in the happy endings that wrap up all neat. A little reality goes a long way with me.

    New follow via GFC.

    Julie~ New Adult Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like author should quit the love triangle thing! lol
    Agree with #3


    Old follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny @ Book Sojourner2/11/12 4:22 pm

    Love triangles are definitely overdone. And why shouldn't every girl fall in love with a jerk? (haha, just kidding).

    new follower. Here's my FF:
    http://booksojourner.blogspot.com/2012/11/feature-follow-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jerk love interests! Great way to put that. I want to love the love interest, not want to hurt them for being asses. :P New GFC follower.
    ~Cia
    www.ciasstories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Micheline D2/11/12 7:18 pm

    Oooh great answer, I agree with all your points. I can stand some love-triangles but overall they're way overdone. The reused metaphor, plot holes and nothing happens until the very end are really huge for me. Thanks for sharing :)

    New follower via GFC! Here's my FFF

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  6. Down with plot holes! I also abhor love triangles. You ALWAYS know who will win out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All excellent points!

    new RSS follower

    -Amanda P

    Paranormal Romance

    ReplyDelete