I will be moving to Wordpress.com on October 1! My new URL will be exploringbystarlight.wordpress.com.

Follow Friday (6)

Feature & Follow Friday is a weekly blog hop hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.

Q: Do your reading habits change based on your mood? Do you read a certain genre if you are feeling depressed or happy?

I often tend to do this. If I'm feeling sad, I tend to read chic-lit or something bright and cheery (maybe even funny) to brighten my mood. I guess my reading changes based on what I'm in the mood for. For example, if I'm in the mood for something that will scare me silly, I'd read a horror book, or if I'm in the mood for some suspense, I'd read a crime book or something hardboiled.

Happy Friday!

10 comments :

  1. Kah Cherub3/8/12 3:39 pm

    I have to be in an specific mood to read some kinds of genres.

    I'm a new gfc follower. :)
    http://notjustnonsense.blogspot.com.br/2012/08/ff-feature-and-follow-28.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same! :) except I'll never read a horror book! :D

    New GFC follower!

    My FF post can be found here:www.blogofabookaholic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stormi Johnson3/8/12 4:05 pm

    I don't have mood books..lol. I could read horror any time. :) New follower.

    http://writesthoughts.blogspot.com/2012/08/feature-and-follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, stopping by from the hop. New follower.
    http://nettesbookshelf.blogspot.com

    My mood doesn't affect what I read, I always like to read light, funny and sexy no matter what mood I'm in. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Friday! Hopping through!
    Have a great day, new follower!

    ~Keegan
    http://thepaperparadise.blogspot.com/2012/08/feature-follow-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ashley Williams3/8/12 7:27 pm

    I hope you have a great Friday! New Follower..
    Ashley @ #BookNerd

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uomo di Speranza4/8/12 12:29 am

    You probably have already, but when you're in that suspenseful mood, check out the Millennium trilogy by Stieg Larsson. It's phenomenal.

    P.S: I'm a new follower! Don't be afraid to fearlessly visit my "Frivolously Follow Me this Friday!" post. Many thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michelle Sedeño4/8/12 2:51 pm

    Hi there!
    New follower here. :)
    Here's my FF/TGIF.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. april lewis6/8/12 2:33 am

    New follower!Happy hopping.

    ReplyDelete
  10. april lewis8/8/12 1:14 am

    New follower!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read every single one I receive and make sure to return as many as possible ❤️ If you want me to participate in a tag feel free to tag me (no awards, though, please)!